Sunday, February 21, 2010

Not to cruise

As much as there is still a part of me itching for the thrill of another adventure and the call of warm sea air, I just couldn't justify taking this job.

Since my main goal in working on a cruise ship was to make a lot of money in a hurry for school, it is no longer really worth the sacrifice of my every waking minute for the next 6 months. It would be a great experience, and really cool to say that I worked for Disney Cruise Line. However, I have had a lot of great experiences and I've worked in some pretty cool places. I'm ok with letting this one go.

I'm no longer just a kid looking for an experience. I have worked for Disney, I've had my adventures, and now I am at a point in my life where I want to put myself in position to build a career and settle down somewhere. Shocking, I know! I don't want another "once in a lifetime" experience. I just want a real life!

I guess it took walking away from that interview to realize that.

Since reaching this decision, I have already had 2 job offers here at home, both paying much higher than the boat, and both willing to work around my huge USA vacation coming up in March. I feel so incredibly blessed, and actually really happy to stay home for a while.


That right there is about the last thing I ever thought I would say! But I'm totally okay with just working hard, saving lots, and being dateless for a few months. I am close to family, my summer will be filled with small-town fairs and mountain hikes, and before I know it, I'll be moving south to become a student again. My big goals have become more important than my short-term adventures. Whoa... I think I might finally be growing up!

p.s. Thanks to those of you who cared enough to share your thoughts on this. You reminned me to really listen to and follow my heart:)

2 comments:

Bethany said...

LOL You know I'm willing to share my thoughts whenever I'm asked :) I'm glad to see "you're growing up" but honestly, Amy, you will never escape adventures. You're the kind of person that doesn't need to seek after them...they come to you :) I look forward to hearing about them!

Kjersti said...

I can't wait to see you!!!