Monday, February 1, 2010

Humbled, Grateful, Inspired

In the process of completing job and school applications recently, I have had to gather several reference letters. I got to read a couple of them. It was so very flattering, encouraging, and humbling to hear such incredible comments made about me, by people I admire and respect very much. It made me want to work a little harder to be all those things in my own eyes too.

Then today I received a surprise package from a dear friend. It is a planner/workbook for embracing and celebrating who I am throughout 2010. I was so touched to know that such a great person was thinking of me and wanting to help me be happy.

These things have come at a time when I really needed to feel loved, and be reminded of what I am capable of. It's amazing what a few simple words or a kind gesture can mean to a stressed-out soul:)

No comments: