Sunday, February 14, 2010

I want my body back!!

Generally I love my body, but I have reached a breaking point. I now weigh more than I did when I got home from my mission - which means the most I have EVER weighed. Normally, weight doesn't mean much to me. But this time it means I feel like crap! My body is not happy and it isn't gonna get any better unless I make some serious changes.

Now before you worry, or call-in a counselor, know that I am not obsessing. There is no self-hate or unrealistic ideals involved. I simply want to feel better!! I want my body to function at it's best and easily digest the food I eat. I want to fuel my body, not burden it. I want to feel energized, strengthened, beautiful, flexible, and young. I want to fit my clothes and look good in them again.

I have the tools, I have the know-how, but thanks to minor depression and holiday eating, I have allowed myself to eat junk and neglect my muscles.

So now, it's back to the gym and busting out the yoga mat EVERY DAY. This week I worked out 4 out of 7 days, so I'm getting on track! I am kick starting my recovery with a digestive cleanse, almost entirely of fresh fruits and vegetables. Then in a few weeks, I will be ready for the hardcore return of my beloved Body for Life.

I know how my body works. I have been in great shape before, and I know I can do it again. However, this time it is more than just slimming down, it is about feeling better. And I cannot wait to get there!!

No comments: