Monday, February 1, 2010

I am a GLEEK

Disclaimer: This is an entirely superficial post in an attempt to give my soapbox a well-needed break.

Say what you will, I love GLEE! I got a taste of it last summer, but between living in Europe and not having tv when I came home, I missed it all. However, I recently got the soundtrack and watched a few episodes online. It just makes me happy! It is about talented people from all sorts of backgrounds pulling together and stepping up to become something better. It's about seeing beyond yourself and being a part of something. I loved watching the kids learn with each episode, and I laughed at the guys who were still idiots after all they had experienced(typical!). I love how the overall feeling is so positive, without ignoring the daily garbage that comes with high school. Top it all off with beautiful singing/dancing men, inspirational music, lots of laughs, and some powerhouse musical talent. Plus, the adorable Cory Monteith is Canadian:) Love it.

I've also recently busted out the first few seasons of Smallville, which I have owned for years and only seen a handful of episodes. (I didn't even know this show was still on - in it's 9th season! - until I looked for this picture) Cheesy, over-the-top sci-fi stories and teenage melodrama... somehow it makes me smile. And I've always been a sucker for Superman.
So as you can see, my main entertainment sources currently consist of eavesdropping on the lives of fictional teenagers. When you live far from your friends and social outlets and you are more or less housebound by the cold, you find things like this to keep you smiling. It's my escape :) Besides, the guys of Glee and Smallville are the closest I have been to attractive single men in months! A girl needs cute boys in her life!!! LOL

No comments: