Wednesday, November 25, 2009

One small trip; one giant leap for my social life.

In an attempt to get out of my boring world and fake a social life, I went to Edmonton last weekend. It is the nearest big city, about 2 hours away, and there are a lot of YSAs. I also have a lot of family in the city, plus several of the stores I love, and the temple.

So on Saturday I got to go to Ikea and Old Navy (where I got some SWEET deals), and did a session at the temple. It was very busy: a wedding outside, a youth baptisms trip, and a young fiancee receiving her own endowment, surrounded by family. Happy! I was already pretty content with my shopping and all, but the experience I had at the temple was exactly what I needed. I felt so loved! I'm telling you, God knows us individually, and the temple truly is a sacred place where He can communicate with us more directly. AMAZING!!

That evening I got to catch up with Chelsa, an old friend who is such a doll. We talked and talked and talked and watched 'One fine day.' What better way to cap off a great day then with the young and dreamy George Clooney? :)
Sunday I attended her singles ward and was reminded how fun and interesting that environment is. And they are pretty much the same wherever you go. I need to get back into that scene one of these days...
I spent monday with my cousin Cathy and her 2 little ones. They are about the most active and adventurous kids under 3 I have ever met. So fun! We took them to a play place, crawled through the tunnels with them, talked, ate, and had a grand ol' time. Cathy and I are about the same age, but we haven't spent much time together in a very long time. And motherhood has made her even more awesome, so it was a great visit.
They all want me to move to Edmonton, but I just can't get my head around it. I don't know why but it doesn't feel right... Plus it snows even more there than here! I'm sure there will be many more visits though. Sanity only lasts so long without a recharge.
And this weekend was perfectly that :)

But then the fun continued...
See, there is a YSA Preference formal this coming weekend. Chelsa is going and really wanted me to go too. With my love of dressing up and dances and parties, how could I resist?? The only problem was the date. I know no one... (well almost no one, but the almost is simply not an option)
So Chelsa opened up her facebook friends list and we went shopping.(haha!) She showed me a few guys who were nice, or funny, then she all of a sudden she was like, "Wait, this guy is awesome!! He's so fun, and he's cute!"
She wasn't lying, he's certainly attractive. And approximately my age. And, judging by the photos, way fun.
Hmmm...
So she messaged him to see if he had been asked, and if he was up for a blind date. And a few days later, I got myself a date to the dance. He is a brave soul.
And I'm totally excited!!!

I'll let you know how it goes...

3 comments:

Kim Moody said...

Amy yeah for blind dates. LOL You will have a great time. I love going to the temple as I went this weekend too and felt the great love from my Heavenly Father. Love you!!!!

Kjersti said...

I am excited for the update! Love you!

Brynne said...

Yay!! You deserve a totally fantastic blind date. Hope it goes well!