Sunday, November 8, 2009

All growed up

Last night I went to the wedding of a friend from high school. It was the first time that I was actually home to attend one of their weddings. It was like walking back in time, or into the Twilight Zone... But it was also really fun. I got to catch up with several of the dozen girls who went through most of school with me.

I soon discovered that I am the only one who speaks a foreign language, the only one who went to university outside of Alberta, and the only one who hasn't settled down within 2 hours of where we all grew up. I am also the only member of the church, and ironically, I am the only one who isn't married and having babies. That kinda made me a little sad, but I am so happy for them.

One friend, who is a total sweetheart and has been trying for years to have a baby, finally got pregnant. She is thrilled, and I couldn't be happier for them. She hasn't changed at all, in so many good ways. Love this girl:)

The plus side is that being away has allowed me to forget any bad experiences with these people. I enjoy some more than others, but I missed out on all the drama. So I get to just enjoy them for who they are now.

I long for the day when I can share my own husband-and-baby stories, but I don't regret a thing. I am grateful for the people and experiences that have made me who I am. I am so grateful for all the places I have been and the opportunities that have enlightened my life. I have learned so much.

And someday, I will be a great mom because of it!! Till then, I hold to what I know, trust the Lord, and enjoy all the great women, beautiful babies, and fun little people around me:)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I really appreciate your posts because they are so honest. And I love that you write about such personal things. I am glad that you have been able to have so many good experiences up in Canadia despite you feeling lost. Your nephew, these weddings/sealings, and time with old friends. It's awesome!