Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Preach and teach and work.... and play!

I have always loved missionaries. As I got older, and then served a mission myself, I saw Elders in a discerning light, and loved the good ones even more. And as I got older, they were even younger.

The current Elders in my branch are certainly good ones. In fact, these guys are the closest I have to friends-in-the-flesh right now. Elder Holder and Elder Saunders both grew up in Idaho, are on the homestretch, and are really great guys. Maybe it's cuz they are American so we understand each other. Maybe its cuz they are really funny, energetic guys, with incredible love and devotion to the gospel and to their callings. Or maybe it's because they harass me like my guy friends used to. Either way, I am so grateful for them. They have helped us with a lot of work on the house, and we have fed them a lot too:) They came out for a bonfire at our place last week and gave me roman candles to shoot off. The other day, after a morning snowfall and installing a support beam in the basment, they totally ambushed me in a snowball fight. I'm pretty sure I have bruises!

I am so grateful for them. They don't ask me questions I don't have answers to, they just joke with me, respect me, and thank me for being awesome:) They are just what I need right now. And I'm sure they have no idea. I just wish I could hug them! lol

No comments: