Sunday, November 15, 2009

Glimpses

I believe God gives us little moments, every so often, to remind us what it is that we are working towards. It's these little tastes of pure happiness that help us push through the daily frustrations and little miseries that make the accomplishments of such goals seem so far away and nearly impossible.
This past week was one of those glimpses for me. I got to spend many precious hours feeding, burping, changing, observing, snuggling with, and simply loving my adorable nephew Miles. He is just 11 weeks old, but he is such a strong, sweet, beautiful baby. And he's still so close to heaven! We shared some pretty awesome moments, and that little dude got me teary-eyed on several occasions. I love, love, love him!!! (How can you not?!? Look at that smile!)


The highlight of my week, was Friday night. We gave his parents the night off and I took care of him. He spent the most of the night sleeping soundly in my arms (I know, I spoiled him). It was wonderful. (Thank you soooooo much Terrah and Tyler!! You guys are the best!!)


I want so much to be a mom. I ache to have a child of my own. However, I currently lack the highly important other half to that equation... I hope and pray that I will have the opportunity to have my own sweet little babies someday. And if they are half as wonderful as little Miles, I will be the happiest momma around!



In the meantime, I thank heaven for the glimpses.

4 comments:

Kjersti said...

This made my heart happy! :)

Hannah said...

That picture with miles in his bear suit is adorable! He is VERY cute. I am glad that you are one proud auntie!!

tyler, terrah, miles and gavin said...

It was great seeing you, Auntie Amy! Miles loves you! :)

Kim Moody said...

I love you!!! Sometimes that's all we need are glimpses to keep us strong.