Sunday, August 2, 2009

Amy's lament

In a matter of 24 hours, I went from the peak of perfect health to dealing with the worst head cold ever. I could barely swallow cuz of the razor blades hacking at my throat, and I woke up every couple hours to spit so I could breath. Sorry, gross, but true. My head pounded and my body ached. And of course, all this settled in on my days off.
After a trip to the local pharmacie, I spent Saturday guzzling herbal tea, doping up on ibuprofen and decongestant, sneezing, fending off hot flashes and chills, experimenting with nasal spray, and coughing up nastiness. (for those of you that have lived with me, this is about 10 times worse than my regular flem-fest)
Although my throat has calmed, my head is still as blocked up as ever. I feel like Adelaide, from 'Guys and Dolls' and I don't think she's too far off. Maybe it's just the feeling I'm getting too old....
Maybe I need to eat more veggies.
Or maybe I'm just exhausted and my immune system has gone on strike.
I'm gonna go with the last one. Although I'm sure my legal single status isn't helping my cold - even if it's more than just psychosomatic symptoms! lol

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I am so sad that I couldn't be there to nurse you back to health! I would have done it in a heart beat!