Sunday, August 2, 2009

All in a day's work

Today was a great day.
I got to go to church and drink in the love, testimony, gratitude, and spirit of God that filled the building. I got to catch up with friends I hadn’t seen in a while. I got to take the sacrament, ponder, pray and sing. And I got lots of hugs and bisous. Yay.

I went straight from church to work, which I started an hour later than normal – so that I could attend church. Because of this, I got a private briefing with my favorite manager. This is the second time just the 2 of us, and we talked for about a half hour – it could have lasted hours and I wouldn’t have complained! He is the most adorably charming French man I have ever met, and quite honestly makes me weak in the knees, in his own humble way. Moving on…

My very first check-in tonight was a Spanish family. Normally they can be a little impatient and disorganized and though I love them, they make me crazy sometimes! Plus, fresh off my days off, my Spanish comprehension was less than stellar. So I warned them about my “poco espanol,” laughed and smiled a lot, gave them all the goods, and survived the check-in. Then they gave me a 10€ tip. I was so confused. That is so not spanish, and besides that, I couldn’t even tell if they liked me! Apparently all the smiling and terribly pronounced, made up verbs are endearing. Muy bien!

For dinner I ate mixed vegetables and barley that were soooo yummy. I know it sounds goofy, but it made me happy. I got home, and actually had the food I was craving. And there are 3 types of ice cream in my freezer. Who wouldn’t be happy about that?!

2 of my favorite work friends just left on vacation, but tonight I got to visit with about a dozen other equally awesome people. Since I worked the mid shift, I got to see people from both the morning and evening shifts. I like getting a little taste of all the different work we do, and the people we cater to. If my job was in America, I could do it for years! Even on the slow nights it’s never boring. And I love my work peeps (almost all of them!). They make me laugh, and we have the most strange and interesting conversations. I want us all to move to Florida. That would so totally rock!

A little girl gave me a sketch of Mickey as a thank you on her way out. So sweet!
I also got a card full of guest compliments and a letter from my management saying that I have been mentioned 5 times now. I would’ve been nice to know when and by whom, but at least I know someone appreciates my efforts!

So yeah, it was a good day, even though I had to work on a Sunday. Can’t wait to see wait the rest of the week holds….

No comments: