Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's that time again...


People often make comments about my lovely, thick, naturally red hair, and how men prefer girls with long hair. Well sometimes I just want people to love me for me, and not for my hair. I want my personality to shine, not my locks. I want people to see who I really am, not what everyone else says I should be.

So it is gone, and after a few weeks of getting used to it I love it! I love the surprised looks and comments - it's amazing how the shock of a drastically different do makes boys treat you differently... And I feel sassy again! And refreshed, energized, released, and empowered. Yay for short hair!

3 comments:

Mike Thayer said...

super cute!

Kara said...

Amy! you are so pretty! my hair is right at the point where I'm trying to decide whether to let it get long, or to cut it like yours- what do I do?? I had just decided to let it grow, maybe to my shoulder, but now your post has me going back to "cut it!"

and, we miss you!!

Hannah said...

:)