Sunday, March 20, 2011

A change'll do you good

It's amazing how my life seems to go in cycles. The past couple months have been an emotional roller coaster. Literally, it has been filled with thrills, disappointments, excitement, encouragement, triumphs, rejection, tough choices and sweet moments. And somehow in the midst of all that confusion I have found a deeper commitment and happiness on a spiritual level. I have never felt so loved and valued by my Savior and my Father in Heaven. I also have an incredibly strong and supportive family, and their loving words of advice and encouragement have been invaluable to me.

In spite of the parts of life that are painful, frustrating, and befuddling, I know I am so very blessed! To mark a bit of a turning point, and stepping off the metaphorical roller coaster, I am  making some changes and starting fresh!

First of all, I chopped off my hair again. It was long enough to donate to Locks of Love and I just needed the change. It's sassy, drastically different, and so quick and easy to style. Love it!

Then on Saturday I threw some stuff in my car and drove to California for spring break. The timing couldn't have been better - except maybe with the weather forecast... Anyway, I am so grateful for this time to catch with some wonderfully kind friends, not to mention some extra time for rest, working out, beach therapy, and of course, a day at Disneyland.

I was already sensing this change was in the works for the past couple weeks, and after some pivotal events I am so ready for a whole lot of difference in my world. And it's just in time too - I still have half a semester to save the grades I have only been haphazardly working for so far this semester. I just hope this change is what I need to pick up the crumbled bits of my life and figure out what my next step is. Can't hurt to try right?

No comments: