Saturday, December 25, 2010

Its the most wonderful time of the year!

I don't like being cold. Although it is beautiful, I don't much like snow either. However, I love the month of December for many reasons. First of all, because for this month of the year the whole world takes time off work, give gifts, serves, sings, and makes an extra effort, all in celebration of the birth of our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. Even the ones who don't believe in Him celebrate him in some way or another. Awesome huh? :)

It's the one month of the year that it is totally ok to be Christian, to declare your faith, and to talk about the greatest man that ever lived. Now, I firmly believe that this is something we should be able to do ever day, and I certainly try to. However, in December, nearly the whole world does - regardless of their faith or lack thereof. And in a world of "politically correct"-ness I think it is fantastic that everyone gets involved in some way or another. How can you be offended by love, charity and happy season's greetings? So I proudly, gratefully, and happily proclaim a very Merry Christmas to all the world - whether you believe in him or not!

Another reason is that in December, everything sparkles! I love the glitter and lights of Christmas. There are lights everywhere, smiles everywhere and the love is almost tangible! There is a whole new spirit brought by this beautiful, glimmering ambiance, and I LOVE it!! This year, I am doubly blessed because I finally got to see the lights on Temple Square - in the fog and then the snow which made them extra sparkly - and I get to see the frosty Cinderella's castle and the dancing lights on New York Street at Walt Disney World. The best lights in the world, and I saw them on both sides of the country. BEAUTIFUL!!


And then there's the music. Nothing beats the feeling of singing Christmas carols! It seems that no matter who is singing, the spirit of love, gratitude, and peace fill the air and warm the soul :) This year I was blessed to be a part of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas concert (on the costuming end). The choir is amazing, and I also attended the rehearsal with David Archuleta. I must admit, his voice is dreamy, and he's just a really nice guy. On top of that, I heard a few talented high school choirs perform at the Assembly hall, and sang with my own Institute choir.
That's David rehearsing with Mack Wilberg and MoTab. I have a fun video too!

 
I made their headpieces :)

Then I arrived in Florida just in time to sing in the ward Christmas program. My amazing friend Hannah coordinated the music, and it was absolutely beautiful. I cannot begin to describe the spirit that poured through that sacred music. I felt so much love, for and from my Savior, and for all the good people around me. Thank you Han, for letting me be a part of it :)

And finally, Christmas is about people. Family, friends, or strangers, it seems everyone smiles a little brighter, gives a little more, and hopefully worries a little less. Although I am far away from my fabulous family - my awesome parents, siblings, nephews, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins - I am with my stellar sister Celeste, my bestest friend Kjersti, and so many old and new wonderful friends. Near and far, I love you all and I am so grateful for every wonderful part you have played in my life!


I am so, so blessed at this most beautiful, happy, wonderful time of the year! I know I owe it all to my Savior, Jesus Christ, who was born in the most humble circumstances, lived a sinless life, took the weight of the world's pain and mistakes upon Him, died and was resurrected.... All so that we can experience the journey of mortality and qualify to return to our Father in heaven. Amazing! Beautiful! Happy! 

           

Merry Christmas one and all!!

1 comment:

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

I love all of the Christmasness! It really is the best time of the year!