Monday, June 14, 2010

Island Fever

As the Marketing and Events Coordinator (nice title huh? I made it up myself.lol) for Habitat for Humanity this summer, I am working on a Polynesian luau dinner show as a fundraiser. We have had an amazing response from the community, and local businesses have been so generous in their donations of time and services.

Since I want this event to be both authentic and amazing, I have been up to my ears in research on Polynesian food, dancing, customs, language, dress, history, etc. Suddenly I am trying to learn 3 different island languages, I'm fantasizing about tropical vacations and work exchange programs to these beautiful places, and most of all, I have been mesmerized by the culture. I just want to go there and experience it all! Where, you ask? For starters: Hawaii, Tahiti, New Zealand, Tonga, Fiji, Samoa, Easter Island, the Philippines, and then every little island in between.

And I think I need to find myself a Polynesian man... or at least a hot rugby player with an appreciation for culture ;)


Can you blame me??

1 comment:

Hannah said...

This SO reminds me of Forever Strong. I would really like to see a haka in real life. That would be awesome! Easter Island is really fun. It is 4 days of bliss!