Friday, April 16, 2010

My angels

Thursday morning I woke up around 4 am and was violently ill. I threw up 7 more times before 9:30 am, and a 9th and final time just after noon. I have never been so painfully sick so many times in one day. It was exhausting, discouraging, and downright scary.

I am happy to report that my strange malady seems to have run its course and I am now trying to rest and recover from the fatigue and dehydration. But I have to recognize two wonderful people who helped me survive yesterday.

First, my dear, sweet mother. I haven't had her around when I was sick in a very long time. She made all sorts of teas and drinks for me, searched out remedies for my poor tummy, rubbed my aching back with essential oils, and so many other things. My mom can drive me crazy sometimes, but there is no one better to take care of you when you are sick! She has the biggest heart of anyone I know, and I am grateful that she is my mom.

And secondly, my amazing little brother, Stephen. He spent his day off buying me ginger ale, running errands for mom, making pizza for our nephews, and even managed to pull off his weekly nerd-fest with his friends. Most importantly, he gave me a healing Priesthood blessing. Through his slow but deliberate words, I felt heavenly power giving me the patience and strength to endure this physical trial. Not only that, but I felt the incredible faith and love of my brother. In my heart, he will always be the baby brother I adored, but now he has become an amazing young man. He is so kindhearted, full of love, ready to serve, obedient, dedicated, loyal, smart, and way funny when you catch him in the right mood! I am so grateful for the past few months I have had to spend getting to know him better and watching him prepare to serve the Lord. he will be a most excellent missionary.

My family is far from perfect, but they are just so good! Even in the midst of physical torment, I am so very blessed.

No comments: