Sunday, January 10, 2010

What would I do without Sunday?

It is my day to recharge, spiritually and physically for the week ahead. I love, love, love Sundays! So why was today so great?
  • I got to teach today. I learn so much through teaching and testifying of truth! And I love to see people's eyes light up as the spirit touches their hearts.
  • I took a 2-hour nap. GLORIOUS!! I love naps :)
  • I ate delicious grapes from Chile. Isn't it amazing that in the dead of Canadian winter I can eat fresh produce grown halfway around the world?
  • I got to listen to an apostle speak during the CES broadcast. His words gave me so much hope, which is just what I needed.
  • The sky was clear, and the stars were amazing! I love that we live far enough from the city that we can see billions of stars so clearly. Someday I will know more than 3 constellations :)
  • I almost got a calling!! I haven't had a real calling in over a year, but since I could not promise to be here till the end of September, it's a no go :( Fortunately, the Primary president still wants me to help, so I am now unofficially the Primary music director. YAY!!!
And a few more reasons I have to be happy:

-I got to watch some great films in my dad's theatre this week, including 'Gone with the Wind' and 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid' which I had never seen before. Classics! On the big screen! Awesome!!
-I got to hang out with my little brother, one-on-one, a couple times this week. He is such a fun guy when he's not playing video games!
-I have a plan!! I am in the process of preparing for the GRE and doing grad school applications. I'm gonna be a teacher! With a Master's degree! And I also have a big job interview coming up that will help me pay for it all. Things are looking up, and most importantly, I finally feel good about my life!!!
And now, for another week. Bring it on!!

No comments: