Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Another year gone by...

How the heck does my life seem to drag on, then all of a sudden I am year older?? I loved being 27. 2009 was a great year. It's really kinda hard to let them go.

So I tried to fly under the radar today. Didn't make any big plans, just did a few things to treat myself. If I've learned anything from single life, it's that you can't expect anyone else to make you happy, you just have to decide you're gonna be. Besides, no one knows what I like better than me:)

So today I worked out with Bob Harper and my Biggest Loser peeps. I watched Regis and Kelly and drank vanilla milk. I read and listened to inspirational stories about relief efforts in Haiti and the Olympic torch relay across Canada. I bought myself a couple books I really want to read and some shirts that will still look cute when I get fit again. I went to lunch with my family. I took a nap. I watched a wonderful Disney movie with my nephews. (Princess and the Frog deserves to be a classic) And I sang out loud to my favorite songs.

There were a few frustrations in the midst of that goodness, but also some happy surprises. My mom, little brother, and some close friends made extra efforts to brighten my day, which was awesome. I heard from a few long lost friends. I had a facebook page overflowing with greetings. And I got a very generous financial boost from my aunt. I am so very blessed!

So although technically I am older and stuff, I really just feel very fortunate to be who I am, have the life I do, and know the people I know. I feel like I still have so much to learn, so many things to experience, and so many more people to love.

And now I look forward to another year full of possibilities! 28 is looking pretty good after all:)

1 comment:

Kim Moody said...

Amy I love you!! you r an awesome person and I am great-full to have you as a friend. Call me I don't have a number to reach you at.