Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy...

Looks like this:

I just spent 17 days with a guy who makes me laugh, lets me cry, teaches me things, challenges me, teases me relentlessly, and is ridiculously good-looking. Every day I woke up and realized it was really happening. Yep, we traveled France and Italy together, and didn't even want to kill eachother at the end. This is dating on crack! And you pretty much have to be insane to attempt it. But we did, and it was wonderful.

I'm sure I will further elaborate on our adventures, but for now, let me share the greatest lesson I gained from these past couple weeks:
Life is meant to be lived by two. It is so much easier, and happier, when spent with another person. It is so much better to be part of a team, to lead sometimes, and to follow in others. To make decisions together. To face frustrations and opposition from 2 perspectives. Happiness is not just about the journey, but about sharing it. It's about grocery shopping, cooking, catching trains, climbing mountains, sleeping on the beach, swapping ice cream cones, taking pictures at arms length, sunsets, full moons, exhaustion, sunburn, pizza, talking till the wee small hours of the morning, kisses, crepes, laughing uncontrollably, and eating way too much chocolate.

It only took me a couple weeks to figure out what I've been skirting around for years. Not that I can't have fun, learn, and enjoy life on my own, but I have now experienced a glimpse of why we spent our lives searching for our "other half." We are incomplete alone.

Someday I'll be complete for real! For now, I treasure the glimpses:)

9 comments:

Janey said...

this post made me cry. I LOVE it! I LOVE seeing you so happy and it looks perfect. Will be anxious for updates :)

Thayerclan said...

You have such a way with words! Love you! Wish I could talk to you to get all the juicy details!!!

Kjersti said...

This is beautiful, I can't wait to hear the details AND come visit you! I miss you so much and our chats! You are amazing, I am so blessed you're my best friend, I LOVE YOU!!!!

Kim Moody said...

Amy!! I love you. I am so happy for you and I am glad that you had a great time. I miss you tons. Sometimes I need a little Amy in my life.

Charisa and Trent said...

Love love LOVE you!!!!!
You put it perfectly. Granted our days of just the two of us were short lived.... :o) wouldn't change a thing.
I'm so glad you had such an amazing time.
Miss you!

John and Tawnya Hoover said...

THat is freakin awesome amy!! nice catch!! keep us updated. where did you meet him?? member?

Hannah said...

That was a very real post. It was beautiful. You are so authentic, amy. I love it!

Jamie said...

SUCH mixed emotions after reading that one! I am SOO excited for you and Cocoa boy - but your realization made me so sentimental and thoughtful. All good emotions. Wonderful post my love. Miss you here!

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. I LOVE to hear all of your adventures. I am also so glad to see you so happy!