Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm Yours

This song never fails to make me happy. Sometimes I listen to it over and over to boost my mood. It has seen me through many a grey day. It's not anything profound or spectacular, but the tune, words, and vocals are all just happy. And Jason Mraz is fabulous:)


The best part about this song is that it reminds me of so many of my favorite people.
The first time I heard it was while visiting my best friend. She sang it with another friend who had learned it on guitar, while I ate the chocolate chip cookies they had just made. Yay:)
Then a few months later, my roommate and I saw the video on TV while flipping channels and we searched it out on Itunes. I created my Happy/Chill mix. That was also when I rediscovered the genius of Jason Mraz.
A little later I went to Tampa to rescue two friends from the airport for their Florida vacation. We listened to it again and discovered our common love of Jason:)
A couple weeks after that, I played it to cheer up my dear friend as she struggled through the last weeks of her battle with cancer.
Shortly after that, my dear friend and new roomie moved to Orlando and we bought tickets to see Jason, but I got stuck in Canada (curse you, border patrol!!) so my sister got to use my ticket:(
Then for Christmas, I got to spend an amazing week with a man who loved teasing me about saying "chill" so much, and he was "so hot that I melted," and "our time [was way] too short" so it makes me think of him too;)
And then two of my favorite people went on a date and sang this very song together while he played it on his wooden guitar. Isn't that adorable?!
So yes, I love this song and it makes me happy. Thank you to some of my favorite people: Sarah, Bethany, Hannah, Jessica, Jewell, Aaron, and Mathus. I love you guys! And many thanks to Jason Mraz. Someday I'll see you in concert!

1 comment: