Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!


I have so many things to be grateful for right now. Most importantly, that I am currently in Orlando, and have the precious opportunity to say goodbye to my home and friends of the past two years. I spent last week playing with my family (especially my brother and sister-in-law) at Disney World. It as all been wonderful:) Getting here was my own Christmas miracle. I don't expect any other gifts; I don't need anything else!
I went sailing today. Thrilling and relaxing all at once. Tomorrow, I will watch the Christmas Eve parade and fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, and then we're going to the beach on Christmas Day. Did you catch that? I'm going to the beach for Christmas. I LOVE that! Why would anyone want to live anywhere else?!!?
I wish I could stay. My heart is definitely here, but I know that somewhere out there - unfortunately in cooler climes - the Lord has a different path prepared for me.
In the meantime, I am trying to live in the moment and treasure every experience. I haven't slept much, but it has been so good to visit with so many of my favorite people. You certainly see who actually cares about you and who was just there for the social factor.
I am so very blessed! I feel so humbled and grateful for the lessons I am learning. And on top of all that, we get to celebrate with the whole world the birth and mission of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
It is a most wonderful time of the year. And a most wonderful way to end one very tumultuous year in my world. Merry Christmas all!

2 comments:

Ben P. said...

Since when did CM's on Main Street start wearing costumes from Ryan Simmon's closet?

Harper said...

It was great seeing you, Amy!

Merry Christmas!