Sunday, July 18, 2010

In the past decade...

I recently volunteered to take over the planning of my 10-year high school reunion. For a graduating class of 44 people, that is not any exceptionally difficult task, and we all know how I love party planning! Getting in touch with all these people after so long has been very interesting. There is this little tiny part of me that wishes I had a family to show off too. But most of me is just so happy to have done so many amazing things!

Since I graduated from Kitscoty High School (yep, that's me back in 2000), I have:

  • had 8 different full-time jobs
  • performed in 4 stage productions
  • fallen in love four times and had my heart broken just as many
  • visited 10 countries; 3 by myself
  • gone to Disneyland, Disney World, and Disneyland Paris about a billion times
  • learned fluent French
  • welcomed 2 more nephews into the world
  • played bridesmaid 3 times; twice in pink!
  • lived with more than 80 different roommates
  • lost one of my best friends to cancer
  • overcame my fear of ocean life and cuddled up to a dolphin
  • caught 2 bridal bouquets
  • received my endowment
  • attended 14 different temples
  • had major dental surgery and braces
  • earned an Associate of Science and a Bachelor of Arts, and was accepted to graduate school!
  • served a full-time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
  • explored 15 states
  • put my feet in 7 major bodies of water: the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, the Gulf of Mexico, the Mediterranean sea, the Adriatic sea, the North sea, and the Dead sea.
  • cut my hair super short twice, and donated it to Locks of Love
  • dressed as Tinker Bell for Halloween 3 times
  • appeared in a press photo and on Quebecois TV riding a Segway at Disney World
  • eaten alligator, guinea pig, rabbit, frog's legs, escargot and alpaca meat, among many other international treats
  • helped renovate 2 houses
  • been to the top of the Eiffel Tower 3 times
  • worked for the Mouse on 2 continents
  • met thousands of amazing people including the best friends I have ever known

AWESOME. And it's only 2010! Let's see where the next 10 years will take me!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

LOVE IT!!!

Hannah said...

and now I need to sleep. I got tired reading! haha! You have a great memory for fun things! I am glad that the last 10 years have been so FULL!!!

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

When you lay it all out like that, it makes you realize that you have a ton accomplished!!!