Sunday, March 7, 2010

So many beautiful reasons I have to be happy!

My life has been packed full of lots of happy events, news, plans, and experiences lately, and I haven't even gotten on here to share the fun! However, I must report very exciting news I got yesterday - only a week and a half after my interview.

I finally get to be an EFY counselor!!

Since I first attended EFY, I have wanted to return as a counselor. I have applied several times, interviewed once, canceled an interview, and every year managed to be unavailable for the necessary summer weeks. Now that I am 28, this is my last opportunity, so I am ecstatic to live another of my dreams:)

I'll be spending the first 2 weeks of August in Calgary with some of the best young people Western Canada has to offer; loving all the sleepless nights and hectic days. The timing is perfect, because if all goes well I will get home just in time to pack my car and head to grad school... but that is an announcement I must wait to make.

Yay!! Life has gotten pretty dang good since I decided to stay home this summer. Who knew? :)

1 comment:

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is absolutely so wonderful to hear! You will be a fantastic counselor and those kids are so lucky!