Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The big white envelope

So the boy got his mission call, and I got to be there when he opened it :) Drum roll please!.....................

He is going to the Lubbock Texas mission, Spanish-speaking, and he goes to the MTC October 26. It is perfect for him and he is leaving so soon which is also perfect! And now I understand why I needed to let him go when I did. He has just over a month to take care of all the final preparations for his mission, with a caring friend supporting - but not distracting - him. Such an exciting adventure to be a part of. Yay for missions!

The Lubbock, Texas temple of
the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

No way!! that's the mission we live in! He may be serving in little ol' Andrews!!! Crazy! LOL!

Kara said...

You are always so thoughtful and proactive and I think you're amazing. I'll always be grateful for the ways you've helped me along in life-and I'm sure there plenty of other people who can say the same-including 'boyfriend' (hehe. I agree with you on the word-maybe that's why Gabe and I just skipped that part and got engaged! :)
anyway- you're awesome and you've influenced so many lives for good.

Also. my sister just moved to Lubbock to go to grad school. small world.
Also, we just moved to Ogden. So if life brings you by here... we want to see you!!